Wordless Wednesday: More of Melbourne

Melbourne is a curious mix of funky street colour, European alleyways and classy boutiques.  It’s happening. Melbourne’s streets hold a broad range of people: some in converse sneakers, others in heels; some walk fast, others simply stand.  There are paper shopping bags, cigarettes and mobile phones.  Sunglasses everywhere. Coffee, pizza, chocolate. The racket of busking lurks around the corner. Some alleyways are dim, even during the day, with bright paint lighting the way. The sound of feet. Chatter. Laughter. More coffee.  Things that may not be considered beautiful, can be. Are. Like a dusty wall, or peeling paint. Like clashes of colour and the blend of noise.

Hello Melbourne.

Armed with iPhones and a camera, my friend and I explored Melbourne city.

melbourne for digital parents conference

Using only spray paints, newspaper, cardboard and a pencil.

street painter -- using spray paint -- melbourne

Feet. Lot’s of feet in Melbourne.

spray painter -- melbourne

We saw a tram/car crash. Trams rule the road.

tram melbourne

Funky cafes and places to eat.

melbourne

A corner.

melbourne

Look up for no reason.

melbourne

Light and colour.

melbourne

Quirky shops.

melbourne shopping

Happiness from the roof at Victory Gallery of Art.

victoria gallery of art melbourne

Blue. White. Black. Beige.

horse drawn carriage melbourne

Coffee and tea.

coffee in melbourne

I wonder how many words I can see here.

book store in melbourne

I’m doing (almost) Wordless Wednesday with

wordless wednesday

More Posts

Read about the last time I visited Melbourne

Digital Parents Conference: Looking beyond

What the Viaduct Harbour Taught Me

Share if you like it!Share on Google+1Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0Print this pageShare on Facebook0

Comments

We love Melbourne – before my kids were born… or at least the boys – we’d venture in at least once a month…. My big girl is so excited to start some more mummy time in the city! Glad you loved it! xx

2. Jen Finch says

I love that city! So much personality and an endless choice of adventures to be had. Great memories of catching trams into the city with the kids and playing in the many gardens scattered around the city.

I love Melbourne so much! I can’t wait until the little man is a bit older and we can go back again. I loved exploring it again through your photos, thanks for sharing x

Oh I’m so envious, I just went straight between airport and conf and didn’t wander at all. Too quick! Good to see some of the real Melbourne through your eyes and lens.

I lived in Melbourne for a year and I do miss it dreadfully although at least it is comparable to some of my favorite cities in Europe!

I’ll say it again Kell, I love the way you look at the world! We went into Brisbane last weekend, and I had such fun capturing all the different things there were to see. Love the shoe photo! x

Good job of capturing the essence! Glad you enjoyed it :) I’m a bit spoilt- lived here all my life…so I do wonder *where* else would I go live for a while if I had the choice? Hmm- toughie :)