My children love collecting shells so I’m always looking for ways to display them. Since we have saved our milk bottle lids, I decided to see if we could make a shadow box feature using them.
I think the finished product looks fantastic and the kids were thrilled. We will make another two with different coloured background paint and hang all three together as a wall feature.
16 washed milk bottle lids
Hot glue gun (Craft Glue works too but a Hot glue gun is best)
30 cm square canvas
1. Paint two coats of colour on canvas. Use newspaper to protect the working surface.
2. Look for for a variety of small, interesting shells. Glue one inside each of the milk bottle lids.
3. Glue the shells on to the dry canvas, evenly spaced.
4. Hang when dry. Such a fun to display kids shell collection.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015