Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
My mother-in-law gave me this pizza dough recipe. It’s so easy and works brilliantly every time.
4 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups lukewarm water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbls dry yeast
1/2 cup grated cheese for crust (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix together dry yeast and lukewarm water and set aside.
2. In a separate (large ) bowl, mix together 2 and 1/2 cups plain flower and baking powder.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and pour in water mix. Add oil and mix through into a wet mix.
4. Add the additional 2 cups of flour and form into dough.
5. Knead in the bowl for a few minutes, then allow rise for 30 minutes.
6. Punch the dough down and knead for a few minutes.
7. Roll out dough to size and place on a greased pizza or baking tray. I use a large rectangle baking tray.
8. Allow the sides to hang slightly over the tray. Don’t worry if it looks messy or uneven. Place a little cheese along the outer dough of the pizza and fold over. This makes the edges both look and taste good.
9. Top with your choice of sauce and toppings and bake in a 190*C oven for about 10-12 minutes until the dough is slightly golden on the edge and the cheese is melted.
Printer Friendly PDF: Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
I have also used this easy 2 ingredient flat bread recipe for a quick pizza base.
For topping ideas, visit this post: Family Pizza