Live Blogging: Hilton, Auckland — 1:54 pm Brisbane time / 4:54 pm Auckland time
Our family loves driving. Below are some of the ways driving adds value to our family life:
- Last year we went on a road trip.
- I often drive down different streets with the kids, just for fun.
- Our family often does mini road trips to explore as much as we can around us.
- Sometimes I drive to just anywhere. We’ve created many family memories through driving, and as a bonus, the kids are all restrained.
- Driving together means everyone in our family is in close quarters, and we have many opportunities to talk or have a family meeting.
I feel privileged to have a car because it means freedom to me. Actually, I’ve always equated the car to a sense of freedom. Early on in our marriage, when we had two small children, my husband was a studying medicine at University. We only had one car at the time and I became a taxi because I preferred to drive him around to wherever he needed rather than be without the car.
I’m excited to be in New Zealand right now, and will be driving the Ford Kuga around the beautiful North Island tomorrow. I’ll live blog (hopefully) today and tomorrow so check back regularly if you want to see what I’m doing.
This is the gorgeous view from my hotel room.
After I publish this post, I’m going out for a walk before dinner. It’s a beautiful day outside!
Other Posts in this New Zealand Live Blogging Series
4. A Sunrise
6. Home Again
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- No Bake – Bedtime Teddies - September 20, 2016
- Disney’s Pete’s Dragon - September 8, 2016
- Bean Bag Games – How to Make No Sew Sock Bean Bags - September 7, 2016
- Getting Back into Exercise – Week 1 - August 31, 2016