This play scene I made with my children, was inspired by the Rainbow Tree above. Below is how we made it.
How to make a Rainbow Tree
1. Find a stick with a lot of twigs on it and place inside a small cup or container.
2. Keep the twig steady by filling the cup with dirt, play dough or small rocks.
3. Rip of pieces of crepe streamer and tie on to the twigs.
The tree can be played with alone, or used to decorate a bedroom. The Rainbow Tree can also be used in a play scene; this is how we put ours together.
The Rainbow Tree
Magical figures like princess, mermaid, horses, unicorn, dragon
Shells as dishes
Fill shells with beads, buttons and sequence
Cup of water with a mermaid
Warning: Not suitable for young children due to small parts.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015