Putting Colour into A Grey Day

January 26, 2012

pink / purple bougainvillea

As I was watched the children play with the Milk Bottle Lid Boats in the rain, I noticed how pretty the bougainvillea looked behind them. I think I noticed it especially since the day was so grey.  Many of the pink-purple bougainvillea flowers have fallen off, creating a carpet of colour on the ground. It’s beautiful!

bouganvillea pink purple

I wanted to bring that beauty into the house so I collected some flowers and put them in a crystal basket vase that I haven’t used for a long time. So pretty! They also look gorgeous floating in a bowl of water.

Just putting a bit of colour into a grey day. That’s all.

pink / purple bougainvillea

pink / purple bougainvillea

Other Floral Posts

Make a Wild Flower Head Wreath

Simple Things, Small Joys

Naomi EllisNo Gravatar January 26, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Love the colour in those flowers Kelly. Love the picture of your cherubs playing as well. N x

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar January 27, 2012 at 7:38 am

Thanks Naomi. Is such a gorgeous colour. Brightens up my table.

VivianaNo Gravatar January 27, 2012 at 7:51 am

Beautiful! That’s one of my favorite plants!! :D ….Today my mother was telling me how beautiful they are all over my country, here in Puerto Rico we call them “Trinitaria”.

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar January 27, 2012 at 8:08 am

Trinitaria…so interesting Viviana. I love knowing stuff like that. It’s one of my favourite plants too. They come in such vibrant colours, don’t they?

VivianaNo Gravatar January 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Yes! I have seen them in purple, yellow and white. You can see them all overover the caribbean area. I am growing one like yours on my backyard. I took one small stick of it and planted in another part and it’s blooming :D

NeenNo Gravatar January 27, 2012 at 9:46 am

Are you serious your backyard looks like that? SO PRETTY! Jealous I am indeed!
Loving the crystal basket vase! Flowers do brighten things up, grey rainy days can bring you down!

SepiNo Gravatar August 10, 2012 at 3:20 am

This is such a simple idea and yet so gorgeous. I think it will be something I will try to remember to do. Thanks for such a good idea.