This is a handmade decoration to keep from year to year. The terracotta pot bell Christmas Tree decoration looks great and is a functional bell too.
Mini Terracotta Pot
Bell decoration (you can pick up a packet of these bells at a craft or discount shop)
Bead (with a wide centre hole)
Permanent marker (optional)
1. Paint pot (if desired) and allow to dry.
2. Cut a length of ribbon approximately 15cm long. Thread the bead on to the ribbon and move to the centre. Then tie the bell on to the bead so it can hang down freely inside the upsidedown pot. This is important so the bell makes a sound when it is moved.
3. Thread both ends of the ribbon up through the hole in pot and tie the ends in a knot (as shown in the picture above).
4. Cut another length of ribbon to make a bow. Tie this ribbon over the knot, on the ribbon attached to the pot.
5. Write a name, date or message on the pot in permanent marker if desired.
- Gift for teachers, friends, relatives
- Christmas concerts
- Christmas Tree decoration
- Craft for kids and adults
- Christmas table name place tags (doubles as a gift to take home)
To make a plastic cup bell, click here for the tutorial: Plastic Cup Bell Christmas Craft
To view the entire range of Christmas Crafts on this blog, click here: Christmas Craft.
To view the entire range of handmade Christmas Tree Decorations, click here: Handmade Christmas Decorations.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015