Christmas Tree in a Jar! It’s an adorable, and very easy craft to make. It can be used as a decoration, keepsake or given as a gift to friends and teachers.
We have a surplus of pine cones at the moment, so the kids and I are exploring all sorts of ways to use them. This is the cutest idea yet!
Empty Jar (I purchased the one shown from Crazy Clarks for $2.95)
Rocks/pebbles/cotton wool balls/grass/mini presents (or any other base you can think of)
Pom poms (or paint the tips of the pine cone white with paint, or even liquid pen corrector)
1. Decorate the pine cone as desired. I used pom poms. There is no need to glue them as the pine cone prongs hold them in.
2. Glue the pine cone inside the jar to the bottom. (You may need to trim the bottom of the cone so it sits flat)
3. Place stones/cotton wool/mini presents or other base decorations around the bottom of the jar.
4. Allow the glue to dry with the lid off.
5. Once dry, place the lid on, tie a ribbon around the top (if desired) and display or give.
I currently, have our Christmas Tree in a Jar sitting in the centre of our table with 3 other jars filled with bits and bobs. I love the way it looks! Not bad for just over $12.
To view the entire range of Christmas Craft on this blog, click here: Christmas Craft.
Below are links to more Pine Cone Craft Ideas
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016