Be Anchored by the Big Picture; Live in the Moment

November 9, 2011

I don’t want moments  to fly by with without me noticing them. That’s what the Love the Moment Challenges are all about.  I’ve seen life change very quickly, and so moments are all we all have really.  I would love our family to be free to embrace moments but are neither controlled by them or in contrast, trapped by the big picture.

I’ve been thinking about moments recently, and I see three main ways they can play out in our family life; I’m striving for number 3. Yes, I’m writing an entire post about moments. HA!

1. Big Picture Controls the Moments

I don’t want our family to be narrow minded and confined so much by the big picture, that moments are trapped, and pre -determined in a way.

live in the moment

2. Big Picture is defined by the moments

Neither do I want moments to rule our life so moments are blurred as they funnel  into something of a big picture. To me, this means many of the moments get lost.

living in the moment

3. Moments are anchored by the big picture

Below is how I see the moments play out in our family life. They are anchored by faith, value, love and what we believe for our family. There is still freedom of movement but there is no risk the moments will be lost. The moments are both their own entity and part of a larger masterpiece.living in the moment

I think way too much, don’t I? I know, I know. My mind is always whirring with images and concepts and I love putting it all together to make sense of it all. For me, it’s like the creative process: you start with everything , explore it and slowly it all becomes clear.

Be Anchored by the Big Picture; Live in the Moment

BookChookNo Gravatar November 9, 2011 at 7:56 am

Is there such a thing as thinking too much? I don’t believe so. I think the process you’re sharing with us is a wonderful one – the more we explore and reflect, the clearer things become.

Random thought: wouldn’t those pics make perfect tiles for your home!

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar November 10, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Oh WOW! They totally would!!! Thanks for the great idea…you never know: when we eventually get a house, I might see if I can have some made. That would be awesome!

BonnieNo Gravatar November 11, 2011 at 5:10 am

Reflection and evaluation are very powerful tools. I give 6 points to kids in my class if they can evaluate!!

You have a gift to communicate, Kelly! I’m very glad you share it.

Kelly BNo Gravatar November 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Grace RichardsNo Gravatar November 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm

These are wonderful thoughts. I say make a collage of momentous photos (if you haven’t already that is)! :)

Kelly BNo Gravatar November 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Yes, I plan to put all our favourite photos up on a canvas. Thanks Grace!

NeenNo Gravatar November 18, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Kelly your Love the Moment Challenges are my favourite part of your blog!
So true that the moments can be swallowed up by the big picture, or the big picture won’t ever happen because you are too busy with small moments – this is how it makes sense to me.
Love it!

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar December 11, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Thanks Neen!!! YES! You just put it perfectly in 2 sentences!!! x

ErinNo Gravatar December 5, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Love this post! For some reason I missed it when you originally posted, but I just found it. I love the way you conceptualise things into a visual format.

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar December 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Thanks Erin. I find pictures help me to think clearly about things. I wish I knew that in high school! HA!