Simple Things, Small Joys

November 14, 2011

A few weeks ago, I shared a little bit of happiness in the form of a candle in a tea cup. The gorgeous Stacey from VeggieMama left a comment that gave me a lot of happiness.

“I also love glass juice bottles with the labels off to make vases for pretty little posies,” she said.

I was inspired. Next time I went to the supermarket, I bought — wait for it — 6 bottles of 200 ml prune juice. The checkout attendant may, or may not have looked at me strangely. I felt like saying, “Hey! I’m a blogger and this other blogger told me about using juice bottles as a vase for flowers, and I couldn’t find anything but prune juice in 200ml glass bottles, and plastic bottles don’t have the same charm, so I just bought the prune juice.” Awkward…

Yes, I drank it all but don’t worry: not in one sitting. I do believe I feel healthier! Any more questions? No? Let’s move on very quickly. So, once I got through all the juice, I removed the labels, just like Veggie Mama said. I tell you, those little glass bottles have given me so much joy over these last weeks!

This is what makes the blogging world go round: two regular people sharing ideas and passing around the joy. Will you forgive me for doing another flow chart?

how the blog world spins

So, thank you for leaving comments; it adds so much value to the blog (and, as you can see, to my everyday life!).

Take a look at my 6 empty prune juice bottles now.

empty glass juice bottles

glass juice bottle vases

How awesome do they look?!

I don’t know if this post is about the health benefits of prune juice, what makes the blog world spin or using empty bottles as vases. Who cares? It’s all good stuff.

Simple things. Small Joys.

Nikki @ stylingyouNo Gravatar November 14, 2011 at 11:50 pm

So beautiful – just like you and Veggie Mama x

KellyNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 11:48 am

Thank you Nikki!

Veggie MamaNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 8:04 am

ahhh gorgeous! Sunraysia has made blueberry and cranberry drinks now, so I don’t have to get through the prune juice for the pretty bottles. I agree about how valuable comments are… isn’t this just the most lovely community? <3

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 11:50 am

Oooo, cool. I’ll look out for them. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Veronica @ Mixed GemsNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 8:15 am

I’ve seen the idea before and I love it. I especially like how you’ve arranged and photographed them on the glass table. The reflections and the beautiful picture make me just as happy as the flowers and jars themselves!

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 11:50 am

I love the reflection too Veronica! Double the prettiness!

KrisNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 8:22 am

I saw that jar thing and thought I wanted to do it, just need to find an empty bottle :) so cute!

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 11:51 am

I learnt how to tie a bottle knot so I can hang one up. I might need to blog about that too. HA!

PollyNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Kelly!

I finally found my way back onto your email list, I had missed the email about resubscribing I guess. (True to form for this season in my life!)

And what a charming post I came back to, very nice.

We love simple things and small joys around here, too!

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar November 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Welcome back! So lovely to see you again! x

shellyNo Gravatar November 17, 2011 at 8:48 am

Too funny. I love displaying flowers in my window sill. I haven’t done it in awhile, my kids usually pick them bit we are growing cucumbers and zuchini now.

GailNo Gravatar November 18, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I’ve done similar things with little glass bottles (although not prune juice!) but yours look a lot better. My daughter likes collecting flowers and using these size bottles. I sometimes tie a thin pretty ribbon around the top to hide the thread at the top of the bottle. The long thin Schweppes soft drink bottles also look good.

glass bottles manufacturer chennaiNo Gravatar February 4, 2012 at 2:22 am

This is the lovable bottles.Could you tell about ships in glass bottles.