I love supporting Aussie Authors. I’ve featured Alison Lester, Peter Carnavas, Susan Stephenson and Aleesah Darlison on the blog before. Today, I’m welcoming Aleessah Darlison back to the blog for the launch of her new series, Unicorn Riders.
Who are the Unicorn Riders?
Unicorn Riders is a brand new fantasy adventure series written by Aleesah Darlison and illustrated by Jill Brailsford. The Unicorn Riders are made up of four strong-willed and independent girls: Willow, Quinn, Krystal and Ellabeth.
Each book is full of action-packed adventures and deals with themes of bravery, friendship and teamwork. Perfect for smart and savvy girls aged seven plus.
“We Ride As One!” is the Unicorn Riders’ catch-cry and to celebrate the release of Unicorn Riders, Aleesah has embarked on a We Ride As One! Blog Tour. Here, Aleesah Darlison offers a fun craft idea do at home with the kids. Get into the spirit of Unicorn Riders and make your very own unicorn horn!
Make Your Own Unicorn Horn Craft Instructions
- Coloured Cardboard/Cardstock paper
- Craft glue
- Coloured ribbons
- Plastic (craft) flatback rhinestones, various colours
- Small paint/craft brush
- Thin elastic
- Make a cone shape with cardboard/cardstock paper. Glue the paper along the fold and hold until set. This becomes your unicorn horn.
- Punch holes either side of the unicorn horn and thread a length of thin elastic through each hole, tying at each end.
- Brush glue over the unicorn horn.
- Sprinkle glitter onto the horn (do this over a paper plate to catch the excess).
- Wrap two or three pieces of ribbon around the horn starting at the tip and working your way down. Space the ribbons a few centimetres apart as you spiral down to the base of the horn. Make sure the ribbon sticks firmly to the glue.
- Place various coloured rhinestones at intervals on the unicorn horn.
- Then you’re all set to play unicorns!
About Aleesha Darlinson
Find out more about the Unicorn Riders series on Aleesah’s website: www.aleesahdarlison.com
There are also some excellent resources, including colouring-in pages, teacher’s notes, chapter samplers and character profile pages.
Follow Aleesah’s Blog Tour by following the links here: We Ride as One! Blog Tour Posts
Be A Fun Mum Link
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015