It’s September so I’m beginning to think about Christmas! This year, instead of buying traditional Christmas paper, I’m going for a minialist look.
I love the simplicity of this look and it’s cost effective too. I also find brown paper sturdy so it doesn’t rip easy when wrapping toys or boxes with sharp edges.
What you need
- Brown Kraft Paper — You can get Kraft paper from Officeworks from $0.17 a metre (depending on the size of the roll you want). I use brown paper for many things around the home. You can read this post for more ideas.
- Sticky tape
- Shipping tags or gifts tags — I love the simple look of the cream shipping tags. You can buy them for as little as $0.04 (depending on how many you buy). You can purchase them from Newsagents and Officeworks.
- Star Stickers
- Divine Twine (or other twine) — I love Divine Twine. It’s 100% cotton, bio-degradable, earth-friendly and comes in the most delicious colours. Each spool has 220 metres.
I decorated the tags with a star sticker but there are a lot of other ways you can decorate brown paper.
- Get children to paint the paper
- Make a potato star stamp to decorate the tag and/or paper
- If you’re a scrapbooker, make your own tags
- Decorate with a Christmas tree stamp
- Put red and green finger paint dots all over the paper
- Draw on the paper with felt pens or crayons
- Put stickers over the paper. Star stickers are so cheap so the kids can go crazy with them.
How to Wrap a Present
I know everyone probably knows how to wrap a present but I love keep a record of these things as a way to teach my children. This is how I wrap a present.
Shoe Tape Dispenser Cuteness
I adore this Scotch Magic Tape Shoe Dispenser! It’s a wonderful present Christmas gift idea too. I’ve wrappped two of these and I’ll give them away to the first two people who comment on this post. I’m getting into the Christmas giving mood already!
I found the tape dispenser at a Newsagent but Officeworks sells them too.
To see pictures of the entire range of Christmas Crafts on this blog, click here: Christmas Crafts.
More Christmas Posts
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- No Bake – Bedtime Teddies - September 20, 2016
- Disney’s Pete’s Dragon - September 8, 2016
- Bean Bag Games – How to Make No Sew Sock Bean Bags - September 7, 2016
- Getting Back into Exercise – Week 1 - August 31, 2016