This series of posts follows Fi and her family as they plan a 6 month family getaway to Uluwatu, Bali. If you want to know more or catch up on previous entries, visit the first post in the series here: Family Tropical Adventure in Bali.
Guest post by Fiona from Destination Bali
This week has been a week of highs and lows.
We paid for our accommodation and had it confirmed (a high), and then there was a huge payment taken out of our account (it’s absolutely amazing that we had anything in it actually!) followed by a fraud warning from the bank. It was a a big stress but it all was sorted after a very long 48hours
On other lows: our computer completely packed it in, and I thought we lost all of our files. Fortunately, later it was retrieved by a fabulous person who saved us. Hmm, I hope that doesn’t happen in Bali.
There has been lots of talk about our pets and where they will be housed while we are gone.
- 6 chooks (the girls): all sorted
- Charlie Sparkle the rabbit: sorted
- Chilli the cat: may be a little tricky. Our lovely neighbour will happily look after him as she does when we go camping.
* A question: Do you think it’s irresponsible to leave our cat Chilli (a very independent cat) in the care of someone who loves him very much? This means he can stay in his own home but as our neighbour is 90, I am a little wary of long term plans…
There has also been a health scare for us that we are not quite though yet. This does make plans seem a little shaky…
On the Highs
Three fantastic blogs were sent my way. They are inspiring families who have had adventures of their own. Here they are:
Foxs Lane: This blog follows a mum, her farmer and her 3 kids on an amazingly colourful and creative tip around Australia in the most stunning caravan!
Design Moms: A designer and mum of 6 who is spending a year abroad in France.
All of these blogs have creative mums at the helm and I find this really, really exciting.
I’m focusing on thinking about the sun we will enjoy in Bali, and how I won’t have to buy jeans for everyone for next Winter at the sales because we won’t be having one! As I said: the highs and lows.
Always end on a high note…
Read the other posts in this series (in order):
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015