It’s totally cheating but don’t these mini cupcakes look adorable? To make perfect mini cupcake icing, use wide marshmallows instead of butter icing.
Mini Patty Cases
Mini Muffin Pan
Icing embellishments (optional)
1. Make mini-cupcakes. I used my easy cupcake recipe.
2. If you plan to place some embellishments on the top of the marshmallow (like the heart in the picture above), cut off the top of the marshmallow so the decoration sticks and is flat. If you don’t have embellishments, skip this step.
3. Once the cupcakes are cooked, trim the top of the cake so it is flat.
4. Place a marshmallow on the cake while the cake is still a little warm. This way, the marshmallow will stick. (You may need to use a little icing to ensure the marshmallow sticks).
5. Done! A plate full of these look absolutely adorable.
Other Easy Food Ideas
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014