It’s totally cheating but don’t these mini cupcakes look adorable? To make perfect mini cupcake icing, use wide marshmallows instead of butter icing.
Mini Cupcakes with Marshmallow Icing
Mini Patty Cases
Mini Muffin Pan
Icing embellishments (optional)
1. Make mini-cupcakes. I used my easy cupcake recipe. It’s a good idea to place the patty cases into a mini muffin pan so the cupcakes hold their shape.
2. If you plan to place some embellishments on the top of the marshmallow (like the heart in the picture above), cut off the top of the marshmallow so the decoration sticks and is flat. If you don’t have embellishments, skip this step.
3. Once the cupcakes are cooked, trim the top of the cake so it is flat.
4. Place a marshmallow on the cake while the cake is still a little warm. This way, the marshmallow will stick. (You may need to use a little icing to ensure the marshmallow sticks).
5. Done! And let me tell you, a plate full of these look absolutely adorable. Great for kids parties, playgroup or a fun activity for kids.