Welcome to Be A Fun Mum 2.0. I’m absolutely thrilled with the design by brilliant Kate (aka Picklebums). Kate was able to disipher 2 pages of my brainstorming to capture the exact feel I wanted for Be A Fun Mum. There are still a few tweaks to links and pictures but overall, the new blog look has come together beautifully.
I’m excited about the new design but there is a part of me that is sad to say goodbye to the old theme. Be A Fun Mum 1.0 reflects so much of me and I adore it. You can read about the previous banner design here: Be A Fun Mum 1.0
Why am I changing something I love? Well, Be A Fun Mum has taken an identity of its own. It’s less about me and more about what Be A Fun Mum has become. The Be A Fun Mum 1.0 theme didn’t reflect all this so I’ve gone with something extremely different and I’ll tell you why.
Introducing Be A Fun Mum 2.0
Welcome to Be A Fun Mum 2.0. Isn’t it happy? I wanted the new theme to reflect my content and I’ve detailed some of this below.
The bright colours dispersed with a lot of white brings a lightness to the blog. I hope when readers visit, they feel like they’ve taken a breath of fresh air.
Fun and colour go hand in hand. When Kate and I were talking about colours, I said I wanted a lot of colour but didn’t want a stereotypical rainbow hues. Instead we’ve gone with retro colours that are fresh, bold and bright.
There’s a retro element to the fonts and colour in this theme. The reason for this is I want to capture “good old fashioned fun” and a simpler way of living. The retro theme is simple and fun, with a funky hit of personality.
The flowers represent the “love the moment” concept. And can you see they are alive? They are growing? I wanted the flowers to be growing to represent the quality of being who you are and the ability to “bloom where you’re planted” (wherever that may be).
Last week Be A Fun Mum was hacked. I was devastated. When I talked to my host provider they said I would lose all the comments from readers. That’s over 6,000 comments. You know, I was more upset by this than losing some blog posts. The comments people leave here add so much value to the blog. The thought of my content without any apparent interaction brought me to tears! I cried, drank coffee, then diet coke (fortunately I didn’t go for fourth C: chocolate as well)…and I cried some more. Fortunatley my host provider was able to save the comments and I was ecstatic. So thank you so, so much for taking the time to add value to this blog by interacting, whether that be leaving a comment or sharing it with others. It makes this blog alive, and without readers, it would be a blog without soul, and that would be very sad.
Navigating around the site
Navigating around the blog is much easier with the new template.
I want to celebrate the re-launch of Be A Fun Mum, and so some gorgeous people are sharing their products with us. Entering is simple: just leave a comment below and it would be nice if you could support to these lovely people who have supported me by checking out their websites and joining them on facebook.
***Giveaway ended. Winners have been notified by email. Congratulations!***
1. A selection of postcards and giftwraps with matching tags from Veronica Mayson from Phoenix Trading
2. All Around The World Game from Brainbox World courtsey of Global Kids Oz
3. Your choice of a gorgeous handmade doll from Quill & Ink Handmade plus a trifold card
4. Two adorable Aussie Baby bibs from Bibska
5. A set of six owl crayons from House of Baby Piranha
6. A set of four clever personalised cups from My Colour Cup
7. $15 to spend on a custom creation from Kathryn’s Creations
8. A fantastic Preschooler Personality Kit from Parent with Potential
9. $20 gift voucher from simply fantastic Lunch Boxes with Love
10. Three packs of gorgeous15 pre-designed birthday invitations from Julia of Kuku Couture Invitations
11. Wedding Etiquette for Ferals from lovely Aussie writer Peta-Jo
Leave a comment below
I want there to be A LOT of winners so I’ll draw names using Random.org one at a time and winners will be offered a choice of the available prizes until the last one is drawn. In total there will be 14 winners!
Open to Australian and New Zealand readers (sorry my international readers; I will have a giveaway for you one day!)
Giveaway open 31 May to 7 June 2011
Thank you for being here. Tell me, what do you think of the new theme? Love it or not-so-love or I-need-to-get-used-to it?
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- No Bake – Bedtime Teddies - September 20, 2016
- Disney’s Pete’s Dragon - September 8, 2016
- Bean Bag Games – How to Make No Sew Sock Bean Bags - September 7, 2016
- Getting Back into Exercise – Week 1 - August 31, 2016