Chasing Butterflies & Dragonflies

You know when you buy a new car, and then you see the same make of car everywhere you go? Yeah — well, when child number four came along, our family upgraded from a family car to a Honda Odyssey. Then {BANG} there was a Honda Odyssey epidemic on the road — or so it seemed. Of course nothing had really changed — just me, and my being aware of same make of car around me.  Now what has that got to do with butterflies? Well, nothing. And everything.

When March clicked over, I glanced at the Love the Moment challenge calendar, and three small words were imprinted on my mind: chase a butterfly.  Well, I saw 100′s of butterflies that day.  More than I had ever seen before in a day. What a beautiful thing!  I tried to photograph some of my finds but this is the only salvageable one. And I think it’s a dragonfly…but isn’t it pretty? The butterflies were there all along, I just acknowledged them for a day and I’m so glad I did.

chasing butterflies

So today, enjoy some beauty around you. Perhaps listen for every bird, feel every waft of wind, stop at every flower, celebrate every smile…or chase a butterfly.

Love the Moment

Be A Fun Mun Links

Love the Moment Challenge: January

Love the Moment Challenge: February

Love the Moment Challenge: March

Love the Moment

The following two tabs change content below.
Kelly loves life at both ends of the spectrum: wearing high heel shoes one day and hiking boots the next; sipping tea out of a pretty cup and slurping hot coffee from a camping mug; challenging herself physically and stopping for quiet unhurried moments to feel the wind on her face. Kelly and her husband Matthew seek to live a fun and adventurous life with their four children and pet bird.

Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)

Comments

What a beautiful message to start the day with, thank you, I have such a busy day today but now I will definitely be taking the time to stop and appreciate the beauty around me.

2. Kelly says

These days I think we are all too ‘busy’ in our own little worlds and forget to appreciate things like this. Thanks for the reminder we will definitely be taking the time to stop and smell the roses today!

3. Jenny McDonnell says

My nearly 2 1/2 year old son is fascinated by butterflies at the moment and spots them on every outing from our door. And then the moths at night. It is darling and while I am busy rushing us somewhere he says in his developing language.. look Mummy, butterfly. May I never forget these precious moments of parenting, and the gift his enthusiasm is.

@Kelly, I totally agree with you. We are too busy chasing after the drudges of life that we forget to smell the flowers, take things easy for a while and just enjoy life one step at a time. Always in a rush to go somewhere but never really enjoying anywhere.

Great post! We often forget about the simply beauty of nature because we are so wrapped up in busy lives. But stopping to enjoy these things every once in a while can actually be quite rejuvenating.

Those were inspiring words. Nowadays, people are too busy to appreciate these things, including me.

Anyways, I had seen that butterflies and dragonfly you are telling us about. It might have been a very wonderful experience. :)