The school year has begun and I’m starting to settle into a routine. With three at school this year, I have to be organised to keep up with the home readers, uniforms, music practice, choir practice, homework, newsletters, notes from the teachers, excursion money, tuckshop and school lunches. Oh, and then there’s library day, swimming day, sports day and art day. I miss school holidays already…
Recently, I put together an Environmentally Friendly Back to School Range as I’m making small changes to the way I do things at home to create a more sustainable way of living. One of the products I featured was the Lopees original envelope.
Lopees is a company who encourage environmental sustainability. Their products are made from 100% organic cotton under a Fair Trade system in India. I’ve been talking with Nicole Golland, the designer of the original Lopees envelope, about how the products may help parents with children at school. When Nicole’s son started school she noticed how many paper envelopes she went through and decided to do something about it. The Lopees envelope was born. Now there’s an entire range of products that can assist parents, schools and organisations.
Good on you Nicole!
Today, I’m telling you about two of my favourite Lopees products.
1. Lopees original envelope (LOP-NSP)
I adore the original Lopees envelope. I store my mobile phone inside and use it to send money to school.
Use it for
* Notes to the teacher
* Excursion money
* Mobile phones
* Tuckshop money
* Storing receipts
2. Lopees Natural Cotton Shopping Bag
Here’s $2.50 you can feel good about. These cotton shopping bags are incredibly handy. My children painted the bags and use them to carry library books.
Use it for
* Library bag
* Shopping bag
* Gift bag
* Mother’s Day
* Father’s Day
* Playgroup activity
* School Fundraiser
The children used a range of painting techniques.
Tip: Insert a sheet paper inside the bag before painting to ensure paint doesn’t seep through to the back.
How cute do the bags look drying on the line?
School Paperwork Organisation
I’m minimising the amout of envelopes I waste but there’s still all the paperwork that comes home from school to deal with! My children place newsletters and notes in a designated office tray and I go through the pile later. This way the paperwork doesn’t get lost under a pile of washing.
To keep track on what everyone is doing, and on what day, I use the Mooo Family Calendar I featured in this post: Getting Ready for School with Mooo.
The key to managing the variables of a new school year is finding a routine that works for your family. Lopees can help too!
Have you found your school groove yet? Are you struggling to find a routine that works for you?
Giveaway now closed: Congratulations El
I’m thrilled to be able to give 1 Be A Fun Mum reader the pictured (below) school pack from Lopees (valued at $27.50). To enter, visit the Loopes product page and come back here to leave a comment about which product would be most useful to you.
* One Entry Per Person
* Australian residents only
* I will draw the winner by random number on the closing date.
* The winner will be notified via email and an update on this post.
* Giveaway open from 12 February to Friday 18 February 2011
Pack consists of:
* LOP-NSP – small Lopees envelope.
* LOP-DLSP – DL size Lopees (can be used as a pencil case or Newsletter holder).
* LOP-LIB – Lopees Library Bag (the students can decorate them anyway they would like).
* LOP-A4MPH – Lopees A4 Reader bag, for a safe and secure way to take readers to and from school.
Other School Posts
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015
- Muesli Bar Recipe (nut free) - January 21, 2015
- School Shoes for Kids (plus $250 Mathers/Williams Giveaway) - January 20, 2015