I don’t like moving house but there is a positive. The good thing is I’m forced to go through EVERYTHING in the entire house. Each time I move, I challenge myself to think of space-saving-user-friendly systems to help with running the household more efficiently.
For example, instead of storing DVDs in their cases, I remove the discs and keep them in a sturdy multiple-sleeve DVD case. Below are a few benefits I’ve discovered by storing DVDs this way:
1. Huge space saving benefits
2. Easy to flick through and view DVDs.
3. Saves time as there is no need to match the right DVD with the case. Just find an empty sleeve and slip the disc in.
4. I se a smaller DVD case to take on holidays.
I store the empty DVD cases in a box high up in a cupboard — and I have even been know to throw them out because we really don’t need them and they just take up space.
Tip: I do keep a few special occasional DVDs in their cases away in our DVD cupboard.
Instead of the picture above, this is how our DVDs look.
Works for me! How do you store DVDs?
Other Posts on Organisation
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015