The Christmas tree: It’s often the centrepiece of a home in the lead up to Christmas day. It’s where presents wait, where pictures are taken and where all the action is on Christmas day. If you don’t have a Christmas tree, it’s easy to make one. For the tree, find a branch that has enough twigs (like the one my gorgeous friend found, pictured left) or buy decorative twigs (as I have done, pictured below). Place the tree in a vase or a pot and decorate. I handmade the decorations (except the butterflies) and the “how to” tutorials are below. I think it looks so pretty! Sure, it’s far cry from the a traditional Christmas tree but I think handmade trees look just as festive.
If you’re interested, here is a link detailing the history of the Christmas Tree: The Chronological History of the Christmas Tree.
Beaded Christmas Decoration
Materials: beads, craft wire
1. Bend a loop in craft wire.
2. Thread beads on wire.
3. Circle unlooped end of wire through the loop.
4. Twist to fasten and create a hanging loop.
Peace Dove Decoration
Materials: Double-sided scrapbooking paper, template (below), scissors, ribbon
The PDF file below contains the instructions and template for the paper Peace Dove Decoration.
Tip: Use double sided Christmas scrapbooking paper for a beautiful result.
To see pictures of the entire range of Christmas Crafts on this blog, click here: Christmas Crafts.
More Christmas Craft Posts
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015
- Muesli Bar Recipe (nut free) - January 21, 2015
- School Shoes for Kids (plus $250 Mathers/Williams Giveaway) - January 20, 2015
- DIY Miniature Grassy Hill in the Backyard - January 20, 2015