I’m feeling fat and ugly. You know when you lose the desire to dress nicely or even brush your hair? That’s me right now. I’ve lost the plot. Throughout my pregnancies, I worked hard to keep fit and healthy — and I did it! However, in the past couple of years, I’ve piled on the kilos. I’m heavier now than I was full term with my babies! Now there are many reasons for this:
- I’ve been on medication which has contributed to my weight gain.
- I find it really hard to find time to exercise.
- Constant moving has made it difficult to find routine.
- My Mum died and in the aftermath of grief I forgot how to breathe properly.
I can go on and on about why, but does that change anything? No. Something has to change. And that something is me. I could wait until I find time to exercise (good luck with that). I could wait until our family stops being nomads (that will be at least another 4 years). I can’t bring my Mum back. No. I have to stop waiting for external somethings to change. The something that has to change is me and I know it.
There’s about 15-20 kg between these pictures.
The reality is I love exercise and healthy food, so why is it so hard? It’s so hard because I’ve stopped being conscious about my health. Managing health has to be an active thing. It’s not good enough to like healthy food and enjoy a good run around, it has to be converted into action.
So what am I going to do about it?
- Make small, sustainable changes.
- Walk 2 times a week (for a start)
- Put more effort into the food I cook.
- Be accountable to my husband, who, by the way, tells me I look beautiful almost every day.
- Read the fantastic tips on my facebook page. You can read them here: Weight Loss Tips
I have no interest in being celebrity thin. No thanks. It’s more about changing my attitude towards health. It’s about doing the best with what I’ve got. And you know what? It’s only day two of the change and I feel better already. Not because my weight has changed but because I have hope. And that’s a powerful thing.
Who is with me?
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Watercolour Jacaranda Tree Tutorial - October 20, 2014
- Backyard Bottle Bowling - October 18, 2014
- Tween Activity: Make a Personalised Fantasy Picture - October 18, 2014