Panadol & Nurofen = 3D City Skyline Craft

August 18, 2010

I’ve found something positive about headaches. Empty medicine boxes make for this cool 3D City Skyline Craft.  I was inspired by the Love and Lollipops Blog.

Materials

Empty medication boxes of varying sizes

Box or canvas for base

Glue

Paint & Paint Brushes

Instructions

Paint the backdrop as per the diagram below (or anyway your child likes)

Glue the boxes above the road

Paint the boxes (if the boxes are shiny, wrap them in white paper before gluing)

It would be extra awesome if this craft was done in conjunction with a trip to the city.

We Play with Childhood 101

Other Be A Fun Mum Links

Balloon Fight Fun

Nature Hunt

Op Shop Cubby

A Pile of Straws

We Play: Blu Tack

Inhibiting Play

Make Scramble Eggs Tonight, Have Fun Tomorrow

MartianneNo Gravatar August 18, 2010 at 9:53 am

Clever! Love repurposing crafts and play!

MichelleNo Gravatar August 18, 2010 at 12:44 pm

cool fun!

amandabNo Gravatar August 18, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I wanted to do that with our Paper ity that we made but it was too small, Next time I am going to increase the size so we can make it 3D too. Making citiesis such fun! :)

katepickleNo Gravatar August 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm

oh way cool… those boxes are just the perfect size for creative little hands!

JulieNo Gravatar August 18, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Fun! I like the idea of a trip into the city too – you could really get into quite a few activities with playing/ learning about cities.

EstherNo Gravatar August 18, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I love this, we may have to do something soon, we have an episode of Sesame Street where they make the most amazing cardboard box city and my daughter was watching it fascinated earlier today. This looks like a great way to start.

meninheiraNo Gravatar August 19, 2010 at 7:07 am

Hi :)

Thanks for your comment, I don’t know your blog and I’m glad you leave a comment and I meet you :)

Hugs
meni

Mom and KiddoNo Gravatar August 19, 2010 at 7:35 pm

A nice idea. If we did this Kiddo would insist on making everything exactly as he sees the NYC skyline!

Gill@OurParklifeNo Gravatar August 21, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Great tip on wrapping the boxes before painting them. So simple but I have never thought of this and our boxes can come out looking a little patchy! I love to use objects from around the house in our craft so I loved this idea…