I rarely wear pink. It’s not that I don’t like pink, I just don’t like wearing it much. I mostly wear black, blue or bold colours. My sister often encourages me to mix it up with a little pink, so when I spotted this cardigan, I thought of her. Put a pink cardigan with a cream lacy top and a sky blue belt and you have shabby chic.
Pants: Purchased last year (2009) from Target
Belt: $1 Vinnies Op Shop
Earrings: Eclectic Dreams
What I love most: The Foley China teacup. It was my mums. And I like the top too: it’s pretty.
* Click the picture to take you to the relevant site I pulled the photo from.
Another tip: Don’t be afraid to mix the old with the new. The top and cardigan are new, the pants are last season and the belt is vintage. I love what Drew Barrymore wore to the Nylon Magazine/Express party this week in Los Angeles. Her Op Shop dress was $25 (US) and the Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” pumps were $760 (US). That’s really mixing it up isn’t it?
See other My Style Posts
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015